April Is Safe Digging Month
Steps you will need to take if your project is approved:
- Mark out the area of construction
- Properly maintain all underground utility markings
- Hand dig in the area of underground facilities
- If underground facilities are damaged or disturbed, notify NYSEG at 1.800.572.1121 for natural gas and 1-800.572.1131 for electric emergency. They will come right away to ensure the site is safe and make repairs if required.
- Use and properly install suitable backfill material around underground facilities.